How to Sell Your House in the Current Buyers' Market
HOW TO SELL YOUR HOUSE IN THE CURRENT BUYERS' MARKET
We are in a full - blown Buyers' Market: Buyers are spoilt for choice. You can simply not afford to be the "runner up " every time another house sells in your area. Time is money and even more so with marketing in the current market.
Here is how you become the House of Choice:
- Have the Best Answers to the Most Frequently Asked Questions
- Why are the Sellers selling?
- How long has the house been on the market?
- How long have the Sellers lived in the house?
- Has there been any offers?
- How are the neighbours?
- Is the area safe - has there been any incidents at the house?
- Make the most of Viewings
- Stage your house for every viewing- do not slack down- keep up the good work right to the end- it will pay off!
- Buyers want to feel special and want to know you are home proud.
- Non-negotiable "Must- have-List"
- Decorative pebbles somewhere in the garden, water wise plants, a grey -water system, a cover on the pool and a Jo jo tank : these are the things which draw buyers and which they perceive as the things which make their life easier.
- A patch of synthetic lawn is the cherry on the cake and a money spinner.
- Renovate as Far as Possible
- Buyers simply don't have the time, the energy nor the money to do renovations in 2019: Buyers looking for renovators' dreams are far and in between and are very price specific. Buyers do their calculations and are very aware of market trends and costs of renovating.
- Most buyers find it easier to have a bigger loan for a fully renovated home than having saved the cash to do renovations later.
- The return on investment will exceed the costs of the renovations done by far, if you do it right and attend to the right things.
- Have a Good Curb Appeal
- Its all about the front door, garage doors, roof and pavement.
- It is unbelievable what the right colour on the outside of a house can do for the reselling value.
- Sellers often forget to repaint their roofs.
- Just the repainting of the front facade and roof, with some modern pots and pebbles in the front garden, can do wonders to draw the attention of buyers.
- Throw in a Sweetener
- Leaving the custom-made curtains, or the strategically placed garden pots, or the table tennis table, or that mirror every buyer loves, or the extra beds, often is a strategically wiser step than hanging on to things which have almost no real rand value.
- Throwing in a sweetener creates good will between the parties which usually have fantastic results.
Author: Pieter de Swardt